A Bit About Us...
We would like to welcome you to Park Lane & Fence Houses Dental Practices, where we have been serving the local communities for over 40 years. We offer the best treatment available on the NHS. We also offer treatments that are not available on the NHS which are classed as cosmetic / private. Whether it's a bridge or crown to fillings or veneers we do everything you need to have a great smile.
Your teeth and oral hygiene are important to us. Regular visits to the dentist would maintain and secure your oral health; it will also keep the cost of your treatment low, which we understand is very important.
GET SAME DAY EMERGENCY TREATMENT
The Dental Team
At Fence Houses Dental Practice and Park Lane Dental Practice our dentists, dental nurses and reception staff will always aim to provide a high standard of care and service for patients. The members of out dental team are:
- Dr. Farshid A. Ardabili
- Dr. Andrew P. Lightfoot
- Dr. Carla da Silva
- Dr. Beatriz V. Serrano
- Dr.Mahfar Mohammed
We have agreed with Sunderland PCT to provide NHS dental services for all patients.
NHS dental treatment includes all treatment necessary to secure and maintain your oral health. We also provide a full range of private treatment options for patients who choose to have treatment that is not available under the NHS - for example large white fillings on back teeth or cosmetic treatment such as tooth whitening.
The poster in our waiting room has information about cost of HNS treatment and leaflets are also available. Your dentist will advise you of the cost of any private treatment.
We do not provide home visits or orthodontic treatment but we can refer you to another dentist if you require treatment involving orthodontics or a home visit. We can refer children to the community dental service if they require treatment with sedation.
We also provide sedation for nervous adult patients.
If you ask for us by appointment, we try to offer you one as soon as possible at a convenient time. You can make an appointment by phoning us at your practice of choice.
You can choose which dentist you would like to see at the practice, including your regular dentist, but please note that this will depend on the appointments available.
Reminders & Recalls
At the end of your course of treatment, your dentist will discuss with you when you will need to see a dentist again. NHS dentists now follow guidelines issued by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE). This means you will attend as often as is needed to keep your teeth and gums healthy and may no longer need a check-up every six months.
When your check-up is due we will send you a reminder to contact us to book an appointment.
If you are unable to keep your appointment please let us know as soon as possible so that we can give the appointment to someone else. Missed appointments waste NHS time. If you miss more than two appointments and give less than 24 hours notice, we may not be able to complete your treatment or offer you NHS care in the future.
Urgent Treatment and Our of Hours Care
Urgent treatment means treatment that the dentist considers necessary to relieve severe pain or prevent your oral condition deteriorating before you can make a normal appointment.
We offer a small number of appointments every day during the practice opening hours for patients who need urget treatment, but do not have an appointment. If you think you need urgent treatment you can contact us on the practice numbers. If we are unable to see you at your regular practice we may offer you an appointment at our other branch practice.
If you need urgent treatment outside of the opening hours you can contact the out of hours service Dencall on 0788 438 4091 who will either give you advice or arrange to see you.
Your Dental Records
Your dental records will remain confidential and secure. However from time to time we may need to release these to Sunderland PCT or the NHS Business Services Authority as part of our ongoing clinical review process. We will try to contact you before releasing your dental records to another organisation.
You are entitled to:
- A thorough examination of your mouth, teeth and gums
- A full explanation of your treatment options
- A written treatmentn plan (including costs*)
- Information about NHS charges displayed in the waiting room
- Advice on how to keep your teeth and gums healthy
- Information about this practice and the services available
- A care and treatment summary if you decide to transfer to another dentist
- Make a complaint if you are not happy with your treatment and care
You are responsible for:
- Giving at least 24 hours notice if you have to cancel or change an appointment. We will not charge you for missed appointments - but if you miss more than two we may no longer be able to offer you treatment
- Following your dentist's advice to prevent tooth decay and gum disease
- Paying your bill promptly
- Bringing proof of entitlement when claiming help with the cost of NHS treatment. If no proof is shown your eligibility will be checked
- Treating our staff with courtesy and respect **
* Please note - if your treatment is a 'Band 1' course of treatment or you do not have to pay NHS charges, you will will have to ask your dentist to provide this
** Please note - we may refuse to treat patients who are abusive or violent, fail to pay their bills or refuse to cooperate during treatment. In this case, we will inform the patient and Sunderland PCT